Java Bootcamp / Internship
The Java Bootcamp training course is the best way to start your computer programming career. We focus on practical employment skills to enter the job market. Java is not just a programming language. It’s a part of our digital lifestyle. And a lifelong career for anyone who masters it. Our Java Bootcamp training course / internship will put your programming career in the fast lane.
What is a Coding Bootcamp? – Read here
What is Java? – Read here
Start right with our Java Bootcamp
Java is a technical language with a vast number of functions. As a junior Java developer, you don’t need to master them all – that would take years. But you do need to know where to start and the basics required by prospective employers before they’ll hire you. Many learners get needlessly lost in Java’s complexity.
Code College’s Java Bootcamp is designed to teach you the must-know Java essentials that will prepare you for your first day on the job. You’ll get:
- Expert tuition from qualified lecturers under the leadership of Arnold (the lead lecturer) (BSc Computer Science with Honours) backed by 30 years software development industry and training experience
- Study materials with all the information you need and loads of helpful hints
- Practical projects that allow you to cut your teeth on typical development scenarios
- Preparation and registration advice for international certification (Oracle Certified Associate Java exam and Oracle Certified Professional Java exam)
- Simulated exams to test your readiness before sitting for certification
- Hints and tips for successful job interviews
- Automatic absorption into Java Internship program at our holding company, Compuways
- Support available every day (face-to-face), including Saturdays by appointment – remember we even support you after the initial 6 months to complete outstanding projects and to prepare for the Oracle Exam.
- Matric with IT Programming or
- our Intro to Programming course (There is an entry test on for this course)
Please note: While a good math pass is recommended, the combined requirements determine acceptance to the course. We encourage candidates to prove themselves by completing an aptitude test (R350) or do the Intro to Programming Course and attend a personal interview with us.
Study Loans Available
Having trouble financing your studies? Qualifying candidates (will also have to write an aptitude test) can apply for a student loan, and repay their fees once employed. Please read our application procedure for more details.
Practical assignments / tests to complete in between modules are intended to consolidate your module’s knowledge into a practical solution. Upon successful completion of such a practical project, you will also get a competency certificate for that module.
(NB: please enquire if you must to do the Intro to Programming module first or not)
|Java SE Fundamentals (OCA) – This module focus on the building blocks of a modern Object – Oriented language. How to solve a business problem by using OO design , effectively.|
|SQL||Design a small relational database, normalised to improve efficiency and eliminate data duplication. use UML to represent your model and document it|
|Advanced Java||The Java features to enable us to build solutions, whether they are basic, console, GUI, I/O / Networking driven. We can now link the solution in the brain to a real solution that can solve a busines problem|
|Spring MVC Beginner||How to use the most successful and in demand Java web framework from Pivotal, Spring MVC|
|Spring MVC Advanced||By building an online store, we cover all topics required by a rugged contemporary web-enabled Java system|
|Spring MVC Developer||Building and deploying a real world online-store as described below. This project – if built for a real customer – has the potential value of paying for your bootcamp, and more! So we encourage you to find a real customer to build your system for.|
- Java SE Fundamentals (OCA)
- incl MTA.
- Java SE Programming (OCP)
At this time we test you for Java SE knowledge – can you apply what you have learned?
- Demonstrate your OCA knowledge by writing mock-exams.
- Build console apps demonstrating data structures, file I/O, OO
- Are you able to use the tools in your toolbox correctly, and solve real-world problems, like reading data from external sources, processing it using data structures, to solve realistic problems effectively?
- Build a DB app with a non-web GUI doing CRUD operations
The Web app part of the Bootcamp starts now
- Spring MVC Beginner.
- Spring MVC Advanced. Latest Most popular Popular Spring Technology
- Spring MVC Developer. Building and deploying a real world online-store as described below.
As your final project, you build a web-based online store that can be used by a business to sell products on the internet. It covers all topics that you have learned on the java bootcamp and will be your first project in your new portfolio of projects. It is based on Spring MVC Framework and covers:
- Spring MVC Core
- Spring Tag Libraries
- Spring View Resolver
- Spring Security
- Web Services (REST and Ajax)
- Spring Web Flow
- Apache Tiles
- Spring Boot
Java Bootcamp can be completed in 6 months or less, depending on the time and effort you are able to put in.
- Each module is 5 days of classroom lectures; related projects to be completed the following week on campus (or at home with support offered on Google Hangout or Skype)
- Weekly project progress sessions are held to support bootcamp students
- We have electronic groups and forums to encourage group communication in between modules, wherever students are.
Job placement and pass rate of close to 100%
Companies are begging us for Java skills. Code College works with sister company Compuways IT Recruitment to find you employment after graduation. We have hundreds of IT employers on record and standing orders for Java developers. And every graduate from us that were looking for employment, was placed, if not by Compuways, then by other recruiters who network with us. This is to show that we are very serious about what we do and that your success is our goal.
The most common reason for not employing juniors, is lack of ‘on-the-job’ skills. We do not leave our students alone until they are employed. Any unemployed Java bootcamp students are automatically absorbed in our Internship program – actually from the first day you are in the bootcamp, you are an intern with our holding Company, Compuways. After the bootcamp you are assigned more practical projects.
- During the internship you will be monitored and supported to further build your ‘on-the-job’ skills, like:
- Getting and administering your own Linux Server
- Installing, maintaining Java, MySQL, Tomcat, Webadmin on your Linux VP Server
- Deploying your own software applications on your Linux VP Server
- Participating on our real client software development projects
Preparing for Java/OCA Exam Preparing for Java/OCP Exam
- Normal price is : R66,990
- Pre-paid price is : R55,970 <– most popular!!
- Prices exclude Vat
The same price applies for part-time
If you are working and cannot attend full-time, Tuesday and Thursday evenings are for part-time students.
Part-time students should also try and attend the Wednesday evening workshops.
Bootcamp Group discounts
Corporates – book more than one student on a 6 month (full-time) bootcamp (normal price s R60 000). (Student has to attend class only 1 week per month – in between homework meetings are done via Google Hangouts ).
Online / Distance Learning
The Java Bootcamp is also available in a distance learning format on request.
Certification exams covered
Oracle exams are not included in the course price – they are payable to Oracle.
Here is an example of an oca-certificate .
Java Bootcamp Competency Certificate
(All our certificates can be added your LinkedIn profile to enhance your marketability)
Don’t wait! Put your software development career into the fast lane today.
BOOK YOUR JAVA BOOTCAMP NOW
Need more information? Click here
See the calendar below
Our primary venue is Johannesburg, but we also schedule it in Cape Town on demand. if you are in Cape Town and interested, please notify us immediately.
We need to talk about this one as there a a lot of things to keep in mind
Java Bootcamp 2018 Core Modules
For the full-time students, these are the core modules that you must be in the classroom. In between these modules, students can work from home or at the college, whichever suits you best. We engage home-working students via Google Hangouts/ Google Meeting. We also have chat groups and forums to make sure students that are working from home can connect to their peers wherever they are, 24/7. We have compulsory such meetings at least once a week and also tests are conducted regularly, either in the classroom or via screen sharing technology.
|IProg||JBeg||SQL||JAdv||Spring Beginner||Spring Advanced||Spring Developer|
|22-26 Jan 2018||12-16 Feb 2018||5-9 Mar 2018||22-28 Mar 2018||16-20 Apr 2018||7-11 May 2018||4-8 June 2018|
|11-15 June 2018||2-6 July 2018||23-27 July 2018||13-17 Aug 2108||10-14 Sep 2018||8-12 Oct 2018||5-9 Nov 2018|
Save this page
Keep this information handy. Download a pdf copy of this page by clicking on the pdf icon at the bottom of the page.