Excited about mobile apps? Our Web & Mobile App Bootcamp training course will set you on a fulfilling career path as a well-paid, next-gen digital programmer
Whether you create a web app or a mobile app, the same technologies are at work under the hood. Master them and you’ll find yourself in a growing digital job market where your skills will be in high demand for as long as the Internet exists.
Why do it?
Apps are everywhere. Whatever you need to do, there’s an app that does it. For consumers, mobile apps have become the normal way to organise their lives and get things done instantly.
In business, there are usually more web apps than mobile apps. That’s because companies still give most of their employees inexpensive desktop PCs to work on instead of costly tablets. But they also have a growing mobile workforce that needs apps to get their jobs done while on the road.
Someone has to develop those web and mobile apps and make sure they work well before they’re released to the public. That’s where you come in.
But if you want to learn how to program for the Internet, you have to learn both. Your future employer will expect you to understand them equally well.
The good news is that today, web apps and mobile apps can be developed using almost identical technologies. At Code College, you’ll learn them all.
What are the technologies?
In the beginning, Android apps were developed in a technical programming language called Java, while Apple iOS apps were developed in Objective C. You had to be an experienced developer to build a good app.
These days, a wealth of new techniques and tools make creating apps much easier. If you know them, you can program awesome business and consumer web applications too.
- HTML / CSS
- HTML5, used for creating Web pages or app screens, CSS3, used for styling Web pages or app screens
- SQL, a programming language for putting information into databases or getting information from them.
- Ionic Framework
What you can look forward to
All kinds of organisations need well-trained junior web and app developers. These include:
- Large corporates who want to give their employers and customers web-based access to their systems, either at the office, from home, or on the go
- Digital agencies who build apps and websites for their clients
- Software houses that develop their own web and mobile products
- And many others
If you’re into app development, this is just what you’re looking for – a career that pays you for doing what you love. You’ll earn well and the work is never boring – especially if you enjoy problem-solving. Unlike many software developers whose programs run unseen in the background, you’ll be building exciting user interfaces and powerful features that people will see and interact with all day. What could be more rewarding?
Start right with our Web / Mobile Bootcamp
There’s a lot to learn. Web apps – and therefore mobile apps – are made of many parts that work in different ways. Each has its place and you must understand how they fit together in the finished program.
Rest assured, by the time you’ve completed Code College’s Web & Mobile App Bootcamp, you’ll be ready for anything. The course is designed to walk you through each component and master it through practical training. You’ll get:
- Expert tuition from a qualified lecturer (BSc Computer Science with Honours) backed by 30 years industry experience
- Study materials with all the information you need and loads of helpful hints
- Practical projects that allow you to cut your teeth on typical development scenarios
- Hints and tips for successful job interviews
- Automatic absorption into our Intern programme at our holding company, Compuways
- Matric with pure maths or
- Strong aptitude test result or
- Previous work experience or
- Other training that may be considered relevant (see our Programming Short Courses) or Intro to Programming
Please note: While a good math pass is recommended, the combined requirements determine acceptance to the course. We encourage candidates to prove themselves by completing an aptitude test (R350) or do the Intro to Programming Course and attend a personal interview with us.
Study Loans Available
Having trouble financing your studies? Qualifying candidates can apply for a student loan, and repay their fees once employed. Please read our application procedure for more details.
The following modules form the core of the bootcamp, (remember in the bootcamp you also have projects in between modules)
- HTML / CSS
- Intro To Programming
- Beginning SQL
- HTML5 / CSS3 Responsive Design
- Ionic Framework
Further Training to consider:
Course material is provided in the form of an original, published textbook per module, imported from USA.
The Web & Mobile App Bootcamp is run over 5 months, with 1 module being completed per month.
- Each module is 5 days of classroom lectures; related projects to be completed the following week on campus (or at home with support offered on Google Hangout or Skype)
- Weekly project progress sessions are held to support Bootcamp students
The most common reason for not employing juniors is lack of on-the-job skills. We don’t leave our students alone until they’re employed. Any unemployed Bootcamp students are automatically absorbed in our Internship programme. Here they are assigned practical projects from our consulting partner company, Compuways. This is an employment internship and counts on your CV as employment.
During the internship you will be monitored and supported to further build your on-the-job skills, like:
- Participating in real client web and app development projects
R53,970.00 excl VAT (pre-paid price) (The normal price if you do the modules seperately is R60 000)
If you are working and cannot attend full-time, here is a popular solution:
Enroll for the Self-study / Distance Learning option and attend only the Wednesday evening workshops as well as maybe 2 or 3 full-time modules. Absolute beginners are required to attend at least the 3 beginner modules in the classroom.
Self-study / Distance Learning
The Web & Mobile App Bootcamp is also available in a distance learning format on request.
Certification exams covered
(All our certificates can be added to your LinkedIn profile to enhance your marketability.)
How do I book?
Just click the button below and you’ll be taken to the booking page.
(Remember this course is under category: Bootcamps)
Don’t wait! Get your web and app development career started today.
Need more information? Click here
Please have a look at the calendar below (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the best browsers for viewing the calendar). Please enquire with us anyway to confirm .