You should be at the JEE Fundamentals level when you start this EJB 3.2 course
This course is targeted at developers who are experienced with Java, have built single- or multi-tiered applications using earlier versions of EJB or other technologies and are ready to take on the challenges of building enterprise applications on standards-based technology.
After this course you should understand up to the EJB 3.2 spec and be ready to prepare for the Oracle Java Business Component Exam.
You should also be able to develop applications using the latest JEE and EJB standards as we do lots of practical examples that can be used as starting points for many applications in the workplace.
Further Java Certification Courses / Exam Workshops.
Included in the course price.
|1. Introduction to the EJB Architecture
2. EJB Session beans
3. Entities and the Java Persistence API
4. Advanced Persistence Features
5. EJB Message-Driven beans
6. EJB and Web Services
7. Integrating Session Beans, Entities, Message-Driven Beans and Web Services
8. Transaction Support in EJB
9. EJB Performance and Testing
- The Testing Methodology
- The Grinder
- The Test Application
- The Performance Test
- 10. Contexts and Dependency Injection
- What is CDI?
- Relationship with EJB
- CDI Concepts
- Interaction with Session Beans
- Compiling, Deploying, and Testing the CDI Application
- 11. EJB Packaging and Deployment
- The Packaging and Deployment Processes
- Java EE Deployment Infrastructure
- Java EE Deployment Components
- The Java EE Application
- Application Servers and Platform Independence
- Deployment Roles
- Assembling an EJB JAR Module
- Assembling a Persistence Unit
- 12. EJB Client Applications
- Full Application Architecture
- Java EE Web Technologies
- JSF Architecture
- JSF Tools and Components
- Developing Web Apps using JSF and EJB
- Compiling the JSF Application
- Deploying and Running the Full Sample Application
- 13. Testing in an Embeddable EJB Container
- JUnit Tests
- A JUnit test class for our AppService EJB
- Instantiating the Embeddable EJB Container and Starting Derby
- Initializing Data in the Persistence Unit
- Test Methods
- Building and Testing the Sample Code
- Opening the Sample Application
- Compiling the Sources
- Running the JUnit Tests
Duration and pricing
- Full-time over 5 days (R9995)
- Part-time over 4 weeks (2 nights per week, 3 hour sessions) (R11995)
- Part-time over 8 Saturdays, 3 hour sessions (R11995)
- Please note : For part-time courses we do not have a fixed schedule and you will be placed on a waiting list until we get a group of 4+ together. Please book with no dates on the bookings form. This will automatically put you on the waiting list. We will confirm with you as soon as we have a part-time group together.
- Distance-learning over up to 3 months (R9995)
- International exams are not included in the course price.
- Prices exclude Vat for Vat-registered companies
- Upon completion of this course we will issue you with attendance certificate to certify your attendance and / or completion of the prescribed minimum examples.
- You may sit for our competency assessment test and on passing you will obtain our competency certificate.
- Our competency assessment can be booked and taken by someone who has not attended the course at a cost of R950.
You can download the course registration form on our home page or by clicking here
You may download a pdf copy of this page by clicking on the pdf icon at the top of the page.
Please email us