Prerequisites / Further Training
Also have a look at our Java Bootcamp
Oracle OCP Certification aligned to Oracle OCP Java Exam
After this course you should be able to
- Have a good understanding of programming and the building blocks of an OO programming language, with an emphasis on JAVA.
- Build small apps in Java, making use of I/O, Networking, GUI
- Prepare for Oracle OCA and OCP exams
Course Material Provided
- Static Methods,
- Static Variables
- Math Class
- Math Methods
- Static Imports
- Number formatting
- What if you need to call risky code?
- Checked Exceptions
- Flow control in try/catch blocks
- Exceptions are polymorphic
- When you don’t want to handle an exception…
- Ducking (by declaring) only delays the inevitable
- Getting GUI: A Very Graphic Story
- Getting a user event
- Listeners, Sources, and Events
- An inner class instance must be tied to an outer class instance
- How to make an instance of an inner class
- Saving Object state
- Implement Serializable
- Transient variables
Highlights of the Calendar API
- Getting an object that extends Calendar
- Working with Calendar objects
Date / Time API
- Moving backward and forward in time
- Connecting, Sending, and Receiving
- Network Sockets
- Writing a simple server
- Writing a Chat Client
Threads & Concurrency
- Thread class
- Runnable interface
- The Thread Scheduler
- Putting a thread to sleep
- Atomic methods
- Using an object’s lock
Collections and Generics
- Sorting an ArrayList with Collections.sort()
- Generics and type-safety
- Comparable interface
- A Custom Comparator
- Collection API : lists, sets, maps
- Polymorphism wildcards
- Command-line Java
Duration and pricing
- Full-time over 5 days (R9995)
- Part-time over 4 weeks (2 nights per week, 3 hour sessions) (R11995)
- Part-time over 8 Saturdays, 3 hour sessions (R11995)
- Please note : For part-time courses we do not have a fixed schedule and you will be placed on a waiting list until we get a group of 4+ together. Please book with no dates on the bookings form. This will automatically put you on the waiting list. We will confirm with you as soon as we have a part-time group together.
- Distance-learning over up to 3 months (R9995)
- International exams are not included in the course price.
- Prices exclude Vat for Vat-registered companies
- Upon completion of this course we will issue you with attendance certificate to certify your attendance and / or completion of the prescribed minimum examples.
- You may sit for our competency assessment test and on passing you will obtain our competency certificate.
- Our competency assessment can be booked and taken by someone who has not attended the course at a cost of R950.
You can download the course registration form on our home page or by clicking here
You may download a pdf copy of this page by clicking on the pdf icon at the top of the page.
Please email us