Advanced Java Servlets
You must have completed the Servlets and JSP’s Beginner course before doing this course
Advanced Java Servlets and JSP’s training course builds upon the Beginning Servlets and JSPs course to
complete all the required knowledge you will need to build a fully fledged web application.
A good fundamental knowledge of Servlets will prepare you best for all following technologies and frameworks to master.
After this course you should be able to
- Use standard JSP tags to work with JavaBeans.
- Use EL in your JSPs to access the attributes and properties of JavaBeans, maps, arrays, and lists.
- Use EL with the implicit EL objects to work with request parameters, request headers, cookies, context initialization parameters, and pageContext objects.
- Disable or enable EL or scripting.
- Use the JSTL core library in combination with EL to remove Java code from your JSPs.
- Use the documentation for the JSTL libraries to learn about other JSTL capabilities.
- Create a Tag Library Descriptor (TLD) for custom tags, and write the tag handler classes that implement these tags.
- Use custom JSP tags in the JSPs for your applications.
- Use the MySQL monitor to run commands, DDL statements, and scripts.
- Code simple SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements, and use the MySQL monitor or the MySQL Query Browser to run them.
- Use the MySQL Administrator Tool to start and stop MySQL.
- Develop data classes that provide OR mapping and all of the database methods that your servlets need.
- Develop servlets that use connection pooling and the methods of your data classes.
- Develop servlets that send email messages to the users of the application.
- Develop web applications that use secure connections whenever that’s needed.
- Use container-managed security and the JDBCRealm or DataSourceRealm to restrict access to portions of your web applications.
- Use the get and set methods of the request and response objects.
- Create, register, and use a listener class.
- Create, register, and use a filter class.
SSL FOR A SECURE CONNECTION
MORE SECURITY SKILLS
HTTP REQUESTS AND RESPONSES
JAVA SERVER FACES (JSF)
Duration and pricing
- Full-time over 5 days (R8995 excl VAT)
- Part-time over 4 weeks (2 nights per week, 3 hour sessions) (R10995 excl Vat)
- Part-time over 8 Saturdays, 3 hour sessions (R10995 excl Vat)
- Distance-learning over up to 3 months (R7995 excl Vat)
1. Upon completion of this course we will issue you with attendance certificate to certify your attendance and / or completion of the prescribed minimum examples.
2. You have the option to get the competency / academic certificate if you :
hand in a project (pre-approved) covering most of the topics in the book
The project is useful for unemployed students who want to enter the job market. This project and certificate can be used to show employers your abilities.
On the calender on this page below. This course is repeated approximately once every 6 weeks, unless a customised specific booking is requested via email.
If your browser doesn’t display the calendar below, please click on this link or try using Google Chrome, alternatively please enquire via our ‘Contact Us’ page.
You can download the course registration form on our home page or by clicking here
To download a brochure of this page in pdf format, please click on the pdf icon at the top of this page.
Categories: Java, Uncategorized