You should be at the level of either Advanced Java or Advanced C#.NET or Advanced VB.NET or Advanced C++ .
This course is for Java or C# Programmers who want to learn software design from best practises. We cover tried-and-tested design patterns in use today all over the world in software design. Why re-invent the wheel? Learn from best practises how to recognise which patterns to use when starting your software design.
After this course you should be able to
- Identify which real-world scenarios can be best matched to which top design patterns
- Identify which most popular design patterns to consider when starting the design of your software application
- Understand, remember, and apply design patterns, including the OO design principles upon which design patterns are based
- Introduction to Design Patterns
- The Observer Pattern
- The Decorator Pattern
- The Factory Pattern
- The Singleton Pattern
- The Command Pattern
- The Adapter and Facade Patterns
- The Template Method Pattern
- The Iterator and Composite Patterns
- The State Pattern
- The Proxy Pattern
- Compound Patterns
- Patterns in the Real World
Duration and pricing
- Full-time over 5 days (R9995)
- Part-time over 4 weeks (2 nights per week, 3 hour sessions) (R11995)
- Part-time over 8 Saturdays, 3 hour sessions (R11995)
- Please note : For part-time courses we do not have a fixed schedule and you will be placed on a waiting list until we get a group of 4+ together. Please book with no dates on the bookings form. This will automatically put you on the waiting list. We will confirm with you as soon as we have a part-time group together.
- Distance-learning over up to 3 months (R9995)
- International exams are not included in the course price.
- Prices exclude Vat for Vat-registered companies
- Upon completion of this course we will issue you with attendance certificate to certify your attendance and / or completion of the prescribed minimum examples.
- You may sit for our competency assessment test and on passing you will obtain our competency certificate.
- Our competency assessment can be booked and taken by someone who has not attended the course at a cost of R950.
You can download the course registration form on our home page or by clicking here
You may download a pdf copy of this page by clicking on the pdf icon at the top of the page.
Please email us
On the calendar below. If your browser doesn’t display the calendar below, please click on this link or try using Google Chrome, alternatively please enquire via our Contact Us page.