You should be at or beyond the Java Servlets level
Java Web Developers who want to improve/consolidate their skills in web services
After this course you should be able to
Develop REST-style and SOAP-based web services and clients with this quick and thorough introduction.
This hands-on course delivers a clear, pragmatic approach to web services by providing an architectural overview, complete working code examples, and short yet precise instructions for compiling and deploying.
Various Java EE courses
Web Services Quickstart
RESTful Web Services: The Service Side
RESTful Web Services: The Client Side
SOAP-Based Web Services
- The Handler Level in SOAP-Based Services and Clients
- Handlers and Faults in the predictionsSOAP Service
- A Handler Chain with Two Handlers
- SOAP-Based Web Services and Binary Data
- The Transport Level
Day 4Web Services Security
Day 5Web Services and Java Application Servers
- Wire-Level Security
- A Very Lightweight HTTPS Server and Client
- HTTPS in a Production-Grade Web Server
- Container-Managed Security
- The Web Container
- Toward a Lightweight JAS
- GlassFish Basics
- Servlet-Based Web Services Under GlassFish
- An Interactive Website and a SOAP-Based Web Service
- A @WebService as a @Stateless Session EJB
- TomEE: Tomcat with Java EE Extensions
- Where Is the Best Place to Be in Java Web Services?
Duration and pricing
- Full-time over 5 days (R9995)
- Part-time over 4 weeks (2 nights per week, 3 hour sessions) (R11995)
- Part-time over 8 Saturdays, 3 hour sessions (R11995)
- Please note : For part-time courses we do not have a fixed schedule and you will be placed on a waiting list until we get a group of 4+ together. Please book with no dates on the bookings form. This will automatically put you on the waiting list. We will confirm with you as soon as we have a part-time group together.
- Distance-learning over up to 3 months (R9995)
- International exams are not included in the course price.
- Prices exclude Vat for Vat-registered companies
- Upon completion of this course we will issue you with attendance certificate to certify your attendance and / or completion of the prescribed minimum examples.
- You may sit for our competency assessment test and on passing you will obtain our competency certificate.
- Our competency assessment can be booked and taken by someone who has not attended the course at a cost of R950.
You can download the course registration form on our home page or by clicking here
You may download a pdf copy of this page by clicking on the pdf icon at the top of the page.
Please email us
ScheduleJava, Java Web Services, Web Services