Prerequisites / Further Training
- Introduction to Programming
- Beginner C#.NET (C# Fundamentals and Object – Orientation)
- Advanced C#.NET (Building practical Apps)
- SQL Querying (Database design and querying)
- ASP.NET CORE MVC (Web App Development)
- ASP.NET Web API (More Web App Development)
- Entity Framework
Also have a look at our .NET Bootcamp and save
This course provides a comprehensive foundation in the C# programming language and the core aspects of the .NET platform plus overviews of technologies built on top of C# and .NET (ADO.NET and Entity Framework, Windows Communication Foundation [WCF], Windows Presentation Foundation [WPF], and ASP.NET [WebForms, MVC, WebAPI]). Once you digest the information presented in course, you’ll be in a perfect position to apply this knowledge to your specific programming assignments, and you’ll be well equipped to explore the .NET universe further.
Day 1 topics are covered in review mode as these are covered in detail on the C#.NET Beginner Course – it is required and therefore assumed that you are up to speed on at least 66.7% of day 1 topics.
After this course you should be able to
- Understand the .NET Core platform and C# 6.
- Discover the ins and outs of the leading .NET technology.
- Find complete coverage of XAML, .NET Core and Visual Studio 2015 together with an overview of the new Windows Runtime
- Students will gain a solid foundation of object-oriented development techniques, attributes and reflection, generics and collections as well as advanced topics such as CIL opcodes and emitting dynamic assemblies.
Up to date course material is provided
.NET CORE AND WINDOWS RUNTIME
- .NET Compiler Platform
- Diagnostics and Application Insights
- Tasks and Parallel Programming
- Task Synchronization
- Files and Streams
- XML and JSON
DAY 3 : WINDOWS APPS
- Core XAML
- Styling XAML Apps
- Patterns with XAML Apps
- Windows Apps: User Interfaces
- Advanced Windows Apps
- Windows Desktop Applications with WPF
- Creating Documents with WPF
- Deploying Windows Apps
- WEP APPS AND SERVICES
- Entity Framework Core
- Windows Services
- ASP.NET Core
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET Web API
- WebHooks and SignalR
- Windows Communication Foundation
- Deploying Websites and Services
Duration and pricing
- Full-time over 5 days (R9995)
- Part-time over 4 weeks (2 nights per week, 3 hour sessions) (R11995)
- Part-time over 8 Saturdays, 3 hour sessions (R11995)
- Please note : For part-time courses we do not have a fixed schedule and you will be placed on a waiting list until we get a group of 4+ together. Please book with no dates on the bookings form. This will automatically put you on the waiting list. We will confirm with you as soon as we have a part-time group together.
- “Distance Learning” over up to 3 months (R9995)
- International exams are not included in the course price.
- Prices exclude Vat for Vat-registered companies
- Upon completion of this course we will issue you with attendance certificate to certify your attendance and / or completion of the prescribed minimum examples.
- You may sit for our competency assessment test and on passing you will obtain our competency certificate.
- Our competency assessment can be booked and taken by someone who has not attended the course at a cost of R2950.
You can download the course registration form on our home page or by clicking here
You may download a pdf copy of this page by clicking on the pdf icon at the top of the page.
Please email us