The Codey Rockey Coding course is designed to to help students lay a solid foundation for further study in programming. We motivate students’ interest in learning through sessions like Everyday Examples, Fun Games, Task Cards, Project Design, Self-review and Project Reporting. The courses are designed on the basis of Codey Rocky (hardware) and the mBlock software. The combination of playful hardware and powerful software helps children learn to code while playing and allows them to develop themselves in terms of programming skills, logical thinking, computational thinking and collaborative skills. Codey Rocky is an educational programmable robot. It has two parts, Codey and Rocky. Codey is equipped with plenty of built-in electronic modules like sensors, IR receiver, and servo. It stimulates originality from children.
Kids 5-10 – should have completed Scratch Junior
After this course you should be able to:
- Master Coding Fundamentals Using Robotics as a learning tool
- Understand Events and implement Event examples using Scratch (Mblock) coding
- Understand Sequence and implement Sequence examples using Scratch (Mblock) coding
- Understand Loops and implement Loops examples using Scratch (Mblock) coding
- Understand Conditionals and implement Conditionals examples using Scratch (Mblock) coding
- Understand Functions and implement Functions examples using Scratch (Mblock) coding
- Understand Variables and implement Variables examples using Scratch (Mblock) coding
Children should be able to design their own games as a way to reinforce their creativity, logical thinking, and talents of arts and music.
You need to have an Android Tablet or iPad with Bluetooth.
You may use our Codey Rockey Robot in the class if you are not ready to purchase your own.
Further Training / Support
1. Understand the concept of Event;
2. Write programs including multiple events.
1. Understand the concept of Sequencing
2. Design a procedure and an animation
3. Understand the concept of a Bug
4. Find bugs and debug.
1. Understand the concept of Loops
2. Identify the difference between Counting Loop and Infinite Loop
3. Design animations by applying the counting loop and the infinite loop
1. Understand the concept of Conditionals
2. Fulfill tasks and create projects by writing programs with the blocks of conditionals
1. Understand the concept of Functions
2. Fulfill the tasks and create projects by creating functions
1. Understand the concept of Variables
2. Create projects with variables
Tackle some challenges by applying what you’ve learned about the six concepts.
- One 1.5 hour session per week
R4995 per child
Read about our certificates
Please book by clicking here
We are normally scheduling the full-time kids courses during school holidays. If you are interested, please send us an email with your school holiday dates, so that we can try and get a group together as there are different holiday dates for private and public schools. Click here to send the email.
We are trying to get groups together for the part-time kids courses between 4 and 6 in the evenings or Saturdays. If you are interested, please send us an email with your possible times, so that we can try and get a group together as we need to have a minimum number to be able to start a course. Click here to send the email.
Please email us