You should know how to develop a complete Web App like the one we do in our Spring MVC course.
Java Web Developers who want to improve/consolidate their skills in web services
After this course you should be able to
- Develop REST-style and SOAP-based web services and clients with this quick and thorough introduction.
- Prepare for the Java EE 6 Web Services Developer Certified Expert 1Z0-897 exam
Supplied in electronic format
Web Services Quickstart
- Web Service Miscellany
- What Good Are Web Services?
- Web Services and Service-Oriented Architecture
- A Very Short History of Web Services
- What Is REST?
- Review of HTTP Requests and Responses
- HTTP as an API
- A First RESTful Example
- Why Use Servlets for RESTful Web Services?
RESTful Web Services: The Service Side
- A RESTful Service as an HttpServlet
- A RESTful Web Service as a JAX-RS Resource
- A RESTful Web Service as Restlet Resources
- A RESTful Service as a @WebServiceProvider
RESTful Web Services: The Client Side
- A Perl Client Against a Java RESTful Web Service
- A Client Against the Amazon E-Commerce Service
- A Standalone JAX-B Example
- Another Client Against the Amazon E-Commerce Service
- The CTA Bus-Tracker Services
- RESTful Clients and WADL Documents
- The JAX-RS Client API
SOAP-Based Web Services
- A SOAP-Based Web Service
- The RandService in Two Files
- Clients Against the RandService
- The WSDL Service Contract in Detail
- SOAP-Based Clients Against Amazon’s E-Commerce Service
SOAP Handlers and Faults
- The Handler Level in SOAP-Based Services and Clients
- Handlers and Faults in the predictionsSOAP Service
- A Handler Chain with Two Handlers
- SOAP-Based Web Services and Binary Data
- The Transport Level
Web Services Security
- Wire-Level Security
- A Very Lightweight HTTPS Server and Client
- HTTPS in a Production-Grade Web Server
- Container-Managed Security
Web Services and Java Application Servers
- The Web Container
- Toward a Lightweight JAS
- GlassFish Basics
- Servlet-Based Web Services Under GlassFish
- An Interactive Website and a SOAP-Based Web Service
- A @WebService as a @Stateless Session EJB
- TomEE: Tomcat with Java EE Extensions
- Where Is the Best Place to Be in Java Web Services?
Duration and pricing
You can download the course registration form on our home page or by clicking here
You may download a pdf copy of this page by clicking on the pdf icon at the top of the page.
Please email us Schedule On the calendar below. If your browser doesn’t display the calendar below, please click on this link or try using Google Chrome, alternatively please enquire via our Contact Us page.