Kids (8 years and older) who have not yet programmed and want to learn it from the bottom up. You can start your kids right here with this course. Coding is fun and develops their problem-solving ability, as well as their mathematical ability.
After this course you should be able to:
Scratch is a fun, free, beginner-friendly programming environment where you connect blocks of code to build programs. While most famously used to introduce kids to programming, Scratch can make computer science approachable for people of any age. Rather than type countless lines of code in a cryptic programming language, why not use colorful command blocks and cartoon sprites to create powerful scripts?
Will be provided.
Please bring your own laptop.
Further Training / Support
The next course in the series is :Scratch 2
Kids will be introduced to and become members of the international online Scratch community and will be able to continue with challenges and will also have online access to our lecturers for guidance in this community.
In Super Scratch Programming Adventure we use interactive games to teach you the basics of coding.
Riding a flare from the sun
- Here the focus is on learning the Scratch environment.
- What is a Sprite?
- What is a coordinate?
- This is where you’ll make your the first game.
- You’ll also learn how to create new costumes and program a sprite’s
movements, reactions, and sound effects.
Trapped by Mona Lisa’s smile
- While writing this two-part game, you’ll learn how to control the flow of a Scratch project.
- You’ll see how to keep score using variables and control the order of the
game using broadcasts.
Defend Hong Kong’s Technocore
- You’ll learn to control sprites with the mouse
- You’ll learn to program objects to bounce back, and more.
Penalty kick in Ipanema
- You’ll program a soccer game with a targeting system, several related rules, interactive sound effects, and a vivid, animated background!
Scratchy’s wild ride
- Learn how to create a side-scrolling racing game, program complex movements for sprites, and make the game’s background change over time.
The lost treasures of Giza
- In this Egyptian adventure, you’ll create an interactive maze with a guard, booby traps, and treasure!
- When you make this simple button-mashing game, you’ll also learn how to play music with Scratch and create an animated background.
The final fight …in dark space
- You’ll need to use all the knowledge you’ve gained while making this exciting fighting game.
- You’ll create two characters with unique fight moves, custom health counters, and more.
- How to keep going in Scratch
- Where to find more exercises and games
- Become a member of the international Scratch community
Duration and pricing
- One 1.5 hour session per week
Upon completion of this course we will issue you with attendance certificate to certify your attendance and / or completion of the prescribed minimum examples.
You may sit for our competency assessment test within 3 months and on passing you will obtain our competency certificate.
Our competency assessment can be booked and taken by someone who has not attended the course at a cost of R2950.
Please book by clicking here
Please email us