This course is for anyone who has passed the level of our VB.NET Beginner course .
You should be on the level of Beginner VB.NET
Recommended – ASP.NET with VB.NET as the back-end language
Included in the course price.
- Class Fundamentals
- Managing an object’s lifetime
- Organizing types within namespaces
- Structures and Enumeraions
- Generics and Nullable types
- Delegates and Events
- Working with Collections and Iterations
- Working with Objects: Visual Tools and Code Sharing
Advanced Language Features
- Manipulating Files and Streams
- The my Namespace
- Advanced Language features
Data Access with ADO.NET and Linq
- ADO and Datasets
- LINQ to Objects
- LINQ to SQL
- LINQ to Datasets
- ADO.NET Entity Framework
- XML Documents with LINQ and XML
- Creating WPF Applications
- WPF Common Controls
- Brushes, Styles Templates in WPF
- ManipulatingMedia and Documents
- Introducing Data Binding
- Localizing Applications
Building Web and Mobile Applications
- Windows 10 Apps
Networking and exposing data through networks
- WCF Services
- Odata Services
Advanced .NET Framework with VB 2015
- Process and Multithreading
- Parallel programming and Parallel LINQ
- Asynchronous Programming
- Working with Assemblies
- Coding Attributes
- Platform Invokes and Interoperability with the COM Architecture
- Documenting Source Code with XML Comments
- GAC – Global Assembly Cache
- Installshield for Visual Studio
- Code Analysis . NET Compiler Platform and Tools
Duration and pricing
- Full-time over 5 days (R14995)
- Part-time over 4 weeks (2 nights per week, 3 hour sessions) (R15995)
- Part-time over 8 Saturdays, 3 hour sessions (R15995)
- Please note : For part-time courses we do not have a fixed schedule and you will be placed on a waiting list until we get a group of 4+ together. Please book with no dates on the bookings form. This will automatically put you on the waiting list. We will confirm with you as soon as we have a part-time group together.
- Distance-learning over up to 3 months (R14995)
- International exams are not included in the course price.
- Prices exclude Vat for Vat-registered companies
- Upon completion of this course we will issue you with attendance certificate to certify your attendance and / or completion of the prescribed minimum examples.
- You may sit for our competency assessment test and on passing you will obtain our competency certificate.
- Our competency assessment can be booked and taken by someone who has not attended the course at a cost of R2950 including the course material and the .
You can download the course registration form on our home page or by clicking here
You may download a pdf copy of this page by clicking on the pdf icon at the top of the page.
Please email us