This course is for anyone who want to learn how to program in VB using the .NET framework.
Included in the course price.
- Exploring the Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment
- The Visual Studio Development Environment
- The Visual Studio Tools
- The Properties Window
- Moving and Resizing the Programming Tools
- Switching Among Open Files and Tools by Using the IDE Navigator
- Opening a Web Browser Within Visual Studio
- Customizing IDE Settings to Match Step-by-Step Exercises
- Your First Visual Basic Program
- Data Types
- Storing variables
- Flow Control
- Data Structures
- Lookup Tables with Hashtable
- Advanced Array Manipulation
- Extensible Application Markup Language
- Windows Presentation Foundation
- Building Windows Apps
- Building a Sample Application
- Counting Characters
- Counting Words
- More Complex Applications
- Responding to Toolbar Buttons
- Creating a message box using different buttons and icons
- Creating an Open dialog that enables you to open files
- Creating a Save dialog that enables you to save files
- Creating a Font dialog that enables you to apply the selected font to
- Creating a Color dialog that enables you to defi ne and select custom
- Creating a Print dialog that prints text from your application
- Creating a Browse dialog that enables you to browse for folders
- Creating menus
- Creating submenus
- Creating context menus
- How to correct the major types of errors you may encounter
- How to debug a program
- How to implement error handling in a program
Duration and pricing
- Full-time over 5 days (R14995)
- Part-time over 4 weeks (2 nights per week, 3 hour sessions) (R15995)
- Part-time over 8 Saturdays, 3 hour sessions (R15995)
- Please note : For part-time courses we do not have a fixed schedule and you will be placed on a waiting list until we get a group of 4+ together. Please book with no dates on the bookings form. This will automatically put you on the waiting list. We will confirm with you as soon as we have a part-time group together.
- Distance-learning over up to 3 months (R14995)
- International exams are not included in the course price.
- Prices exclude Vat for Vat-registered companies
- Upon completion of this course we will issue you with attendance certificate to certify your attendance and / or completion of the prescribed minimum examples.
- You may sit for our competency assessment test and on passing you will obtain our competency certificate.
- Our competency assessment can be booked and taken by someone who has not attended the course at a cost of R950.
You can download the course registration form on our home page or by clicking here
You may download a pdf copy of this page by clicking on the pdf icon at the top of the page.
Please email us