You should have all the knowledge of PHP at our PHP Advanced Programmer level.
Programmers who have mastered PHP up to our advanced level, and who are now ready to take on
more sustainable projects used in more corporate environments.
If you have not yet got a good SQL grounding, you should seriously consider our SQL Beginner course.
- Multidimensional Arrays and usage
- Advanced Function Definitions
- Heredoc Syntax
- printf() and sprintf()
- Modularising a website
- Improved SEO with mod_rewrite
- Affecting the Browser cache
- Storing sessions in a database
- Creating Stored Functions
- Displaying Results Horizontally
- OOP Theory
- Advanced Theories
- Inheriting Classes
- Inheriting Constructors and Destructors
- Overriding Methods
- Access Control
- Scope Resolution Operator
- Creating Static Members
- Abstract Classes and Methods
- Type Hinting
- Design Patterns
- Using Existing Classes
- Catching Exceptions
- Extending the Exception Class
- Using PDO
- Using the standard PHP Library
- Creating a full example CMS the OO way
- Utilities File
- Eror View File
- Defining the Classes
- Home Page
- Viewing a Page
- Logging Out
- Adding Pages
- Networking with PHP:
- Accessing other web sites
- Working with Sockets
- IP Geolocation
- Creating Web Services
- PHP and the Server:
- Compressing Files
- Establishing a cron
- Using MCrypt
- PHP’s Command-Line Interface:
- Testing your Installation
- Executing Bits of Code
- Interactive PHP CLI
- Creating a command-line script and running it
- Command-Line Arguments
- Taking Input
- Built-In Server
- XML and PHP:
- XML Syntax
- Attributes, Empty Elements, Entities
- XML Schemas
- Parsing XML
- Creating an RSS Feed
- Debugging, testing and performance:
- Debugging Tools
- Unit testing
- Profiling Scripts
- Improving Performance
Duration and pricing
- Full-time over 5 days (R10995)
- Part-time over 4 weeks (2 nights per week, 3 hour sessions) (R11995)
- Part-time over 8 Saturdays, 3 hour sessions (R11995)
- Please note : For part-time courses we do not have a fixed schedule and you will be placed on a waiting list until we get a group of 4+ together. Please book with no dates on the bookings form. This will automatically put you on the waiting list. We will confirm with you as soon as we have a part-time group together.
- Distance-learning over up to 3 months (R11995)
- International exams are not included in the course price.
- Prices exclude Vat for Vat-registered companies
- Upon completion of this course we will issue you with attendance certificate to certify your attendance and / or completion of the prescribed minimum examples.
- You may sit for our competency assessment test and on passing you will obtain our competency certificate.
- Our competency assessment can be booked and taken by someone who has not attended the course at a cost of R950.
You can download the course registration form on our home page or by clicking here
You may download a pdf copy of this page by clicking on the pdf icon at the top of the page.
Please email us
On the calendar below. If your browser doesn’t display the calendar below, please click on this link or try using Google Chrome, alternatively please enquire via our Contact Us page.