Prerequisites / Further Training
|Java Servlets Beginner||Java Servlets Advanced|
|Java Enterprise Edition||Enterprise Java Beans|
|Java Persistence API||Java Web Services|
|Java Server Faces (under construction)||Spring Framework|
This course is intended for Java Programmers who have mastered Java JSE and wants a thorough introduction to JEE .
After this Course
You should be familiar with the latest facilities and features of Java EE . Create Web Applications with Java using best practices. Servlets, JSF, primeFaces, JPA, Session Beans, CDI, JMS, Web Services with JAX-WS, JAX-RS. Build a Java Web Application that utilise all these features.
- Included in the course price.
- Based on Java EE 7
Introduction to JavaServer Faces
- Developing our first JSF application
- Facelets templating
- Resource library contracts
- Composite components
- Faces flows
- HTML5 support
JSF Component Libraries
- Using PrimeFaces components in our JSF applications
- Using ICEfaces components in our JSF applications
- Using RichFaces components in our JSF applications
Interacting with Databases through the Java Persistence API
- Creating our first JPA entity
- Automated generation of JPA entities
- Generating JSF applications from JPA entities
Implementing the Business Tier with Session Beans
- Introducing session beans
- Creating a session bean
- Accessing the bean from a client
- Session bean transaction management
- Implementing aspect-oriented programming with interceptors
- The EJB Timer service
- Generating session beans from JPA entities
Contexts and Dependency Injection
- Introduction to CDI
- Interceptor binding types
- Custom scopes
Messaging with JMS and Message-driven Beans
- Introduction to JMS
- Creating JMS resources from NetBeans
- Implementing a JMS message producer
- Consuming JMS messages with message-driven beans
Java API for JSON Processing
- The JSON-P object model API
- The JSON-P streaming API
Java API for WebSocket
- Examining the WebSocket code using samples included with NetBeans
- Building our own WebSocket applications
RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
- Generating a RESTful web service from an existing database
- Testing our RESTful web service
- Generating RESTful Java client code
SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
- Introduction to web services
- Creating a simple web service
- Exposing EJBs as web services
Duration and pricing
- Full-time over 5 days (R9995)
- Part-time over 4 weeks (2 nights per week, 3 hour sessions) (R11995)
- Part-time over 8 Saturdays, 3 hour sessions (R11995)
- Please note : For part-time courses we do not have a fixed schedule and you will be placed on a waiting list until we get a group of 4+ together. Please book with no dates on the bookings form. This will automatically put you on the waiting list. We will confirm with you as soon as we have a part-time group together.
- Distance-learning over up to 3 months (R9995)
- International exams are not included in the course price.
- Prices exclude Vat for Vat-registered companies
- Upon completion of this course we will issue you with attendance certificate to certify your attendance and / or completion of the prescribed minimum examples.
- You may sit for our competency assessment test and on passing you will obtain our competency certificate.
- Our competency assessment can be booked and taken by someone who has not attended the course at a cost of R950.
You can download the course registration form on our home page or by clicking here
You may download a pdf copy of this page by clicking on the pdf icon at the top of the page.
Please email us Schedule On the calendar below. If your browser doesn’t display the calendar below, please click on this link or try using Google Chrome, alternatively please enquire via our Contact Us page.