Size of the IT Industry
Just think for yourself – every business in the world relies on IT systems to maintain customer relationships, work faster to make more products, make more sales. So what do businesses do to be more competitive? They customise their IT systems to be better than the competition. This is the main cause of the world-wide skills shortage in IT skills.
IT Skills shortage
In South Africa there were 75 000 jobs that could not be filled in 2012. Since I can remember – and I have been in IT for approximately 30 years – there were consistently a skills shortage. As far as we are concerned (software development), it is safe to say strong software development skills will always in demand ( Click here ) .
IT industry as a choice for employment
Not a bad industry to be in, the IT Industry has consistently given employees:
- Good salaries
- International Employment
- Entrepreneurial opportunites
- Stable, long-term employment
Why choose GetCertified as a college to get you into the IT Industry?
- GetCertified IT Training started in 2000 as an arm of Compuways IT Consulting and Recruitment (founded in 1990).
- We originated in the IT Industry, we know it very well and are well connected to employers in the IT Industry.
- From customer feedback from job interviews, our courses were designed to focus on the practical skills required by employers for juniors to get into the ICT industry
- We guarantee that you may re-attend any scheduled course that you have attended before if you feel you need to brush up on your skills, and you may submit as many course-related practical projects as you like to be verified and certified by us to grow your portfolio when looking for a job.
- Our courses are aligned to the International Certification Syllabi and we cover the appropriate syllabus in every course so that you are at the end of a course ready to sit for the international exam.
- Our business is not only training you, but also getting you into the job market.
How to apply? Click here